Easy Peelings Soup
This delicious food waste fighting recipe is brought to you by our friend Helen at The Big Wide World and Me. Cooking from humble kitchen, Helen’s passionate about cutting food waste & creating simple yet yummy recipes for everyone to indulge in! Check out her blog and Instagram (@thebigwideworldandme) to see more…
- Leftover organic root vegetable peelings (I used sweet potato)
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 onion
- 1 Tablespoon of oil (I use olive or coconut)
- Stock (or water)
- Additional flavourings of choice (fresh or dried herbs and spices, honey, miso, maple, salt and pepper)
- Chop the onion and saute in a medium-low heat until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add the peelings and cook until they are starting to sizzle.
- Pour in the coconut milk and then enough stock to just cover the peelings.
- Bring to the boil, and then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a blender (or use a stick blender) and blend until smooth.
- Pour back in the pan and add flavouring to taste.
- Heat gently and serve.