Dauphinoise Potato (Vegan) with Butternut Squash and Courgette.
This recipe is brought to our courtesy of blogger Mr. Vegan (@iammrvegan) - Instagram.
Cooking time - 60min
Prep - 20 min
Difficulty - Easy
- 2-3 Medium Size Potato (Thinly Sliced)
- 1-2 Medium Sizes Courgettes (Thinly Sliced)
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic (Minced or finely Chopped)
- 1-2 Onions (Finely Sliced)
- 1 medium Sized Butternut Squash (Finely Sliced)
- Dairy Free single Cream ( Soya/Oat) 250-500ml
- Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- Grated Vegan Cheese
- Crushed Black Pepper
- Thyme 3 sprigs
- Olive oil
- Using the Olive oil, lightly grease an oven proof dish evenly ensuring base and sides are completely covered.
- Place a layer of the potato in the base of the dish in single rows, slightly overlapping until the base is evenly covered with a single layer of potato.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle vegan cheese
- Place the onion on top of the potato in a similar pattern
- Sprinkle some of the chopped garlic on top of the onion.
- Layer the courgette
- Layer the Butter nut Squash
- Add the thyme
- Repeat steps 2-7
- Finish with a final layer of Potato
- Season the top layer again with salt and pepper
- Drizzle with enough cream until it comes ¾ of the way up the sides of the dish
- Place in the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 45 min
- Remove and sprinkle with the remaining cheese
- Back in the oven for 15 mins
- Once cheese is golden and bubbling remove and set aside to cool slightly before serving.
For a sweeter variation use sweet potato or try plantain instead of the squash.