Creamy Parsley Root Soup
This recipe is brought to you courtesy of our customer Sophie Leal. Thank you Sophie!
Creamy Parsley root Soup
But first - what is a parsley root ?
The parsley root is slightly more slender than the parsnip. Like the parsnip, the parsley root is a pale colour and similar to the carrot in appearance. Parsley root’s taste is as a combination of “celeraic and carrot with hints of celery, turnip and parsley leaf.”
- 5-6 Parsley Roots, topped, tailed and chopped but no need to peel
- 5 small white onions, peeled and sliced
- 2-3 small potatoes, scrubbed and chopped, no need to peel
- 2 small apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- Chicken stock approx 800ml
- A couple of dollops of creme fraiche
- Sauté the sliced onions in a few teaspoons of olive oil for about 5 minutes until they are translucent and starting to colour.
- Add in the parsely root, potatoes and apple and fry for a few minutes.
- Pour over the chicken stock and simmer until everything is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Blitz with the creme fraiche, taste and season, adding more stock if necessary.
- Serve with crusty bread.
This would also be delicious topped with a drizzle more creme fraiche, some toasted nuts, fried sage or truffle oil! Enjoy.