Beet & Quinoa burger (Vegan)
This yummy recipe is brought to you courtesy Sasha from the @thesashadiaries (Instagram).
Beet and Quinoa burger (Vegan)
- 300g steamed beet root, 1 packet
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 cup wholemeal bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp flax seeds + 3 tbsp water, let thicken for 5 minutes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Puree the beetroot roughly in a food processor and pour into a bowl.
- Fry the onion and garlic until fragrant, then add in the cumin, paprika and salt.
- Fry another minute then add cooked mixture into the beetroot.
- Add the quinoa, breadcrumbs, lemon juice and flax egg and mix well.
- Add more breadcrumbs if mixture is still a bit wet. Form 5 patties from this mixture and bake on a parchment-lined baking tray at 180C for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Enjoy with some guacamole and sweet potatoes in a toasted bun!